[Coco] 6309 microprocessor project 02-08-2004

John Collyer johncollyer at zoominternet.net
Sun Feb 8 13:35:13 EST 2004

6309 microprocessor project:

Hello,

I have converted the .dsk handling routines. These will become
the default device drivers for virtual disk functions. If and when
new virtual disk handling routines become available it will be
very easy to insert them into the virtual FFxxH memory area.

I was thinking that if there were any new virtual device drivers
they could emulate any hardware that was available for the
coco, like Disto Super-Pak or the IDE interface.

I have also reached the point where the emulator supported
the RS-232 port for printer output. Since this support only
consisted of seven bits out of a byte sent to the port only
ASCII characters could be output to the port with the old
emulator. I will need time to figure out the best way to
support this method because there is no writing to real
ports in this emulator, but in the new functions I make
can be made to print to any printer port (LPT1,LPT2)
You could print the graphic screens etc.

Anyway just letting you know I'm still hard at work
on the project and if I don't send email all the time
you can know I'm still working on the new emulator.

John Collyer