[Coco] Thanks for the Princeton Bit.Listserv.CoCo Mail List. DRAFT

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 1 01:32:56 EST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 23:24, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>DRAFT - DRAFT - DRAFT

I have some trouble figureing out which will goto Princeton, and which
is your comments.  However it looks as if the please shut it down
portion should do the job.

FWIW, I contacted the Princeton folks, oh, maybe in 98 or possibly
even earlier, memory is hazy, and that message doesn't exist on this
machine although it might be on my firewall yet, or it may even be so
old its on my now defunct amiga.  At that time I was told by some
probably flunky admin that it was best not to disturb the service as
the very act of raising a hand to request a change might get TPTB to
decide it was no longer worth the hassle and shut it down just to get
some peace and quiet.  Based on that message, I recommended to the
group that we simply lay low and put up with the crap.  If they are
now claiming that they could have fixed it, we must be talking to two
different administration people, not impossible considering the
elapsed time of nearly 6 years.

In any event, Dennis's server is working very admirably indeed, so I
see no reason to continue the suffering of b.l.coco, other than to
ask what will become of us as a group if Dennis does in fact move to
the Netherlands?  If Princeton is shut down, will we have burnt our
last bridge?  I think that aspect might bear some thought, and this
is not meant to question Dennis's generosity in any insulting way at
all.  Its a fact of life that things and situations do change.

--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,