[Coco] Portal-9 disassembler

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Dec 27 23:17:40 EST 2004

At 05:31 PM 12/27/2004, you wrote:
>Roger that sounds like magic.

Yep.  Even as the author of the IDE, I still feel like it's magic to watch
the monsterous and mangled Projector-3 source code build into a working
floppy disk in a matter of seconds with nothing more than a click of the
Build button.  Can we say "number crunching?"

The same will be attempted for "unbuilding" a CoCo binary or ROM Pak image.

Btw, a lot of the raw values returned from the disassembler will
automatically be converted to names, like for graphics registers, the PIAs,
etc.

You'll also be able to choose whether the built source code will be modular
(a main.asm file that includes subparts), or a single file containing all
that is needed to rebuild the game or program.

--
Roger Taylor