[Coco] CHIP-8 emulator for Coco

David golgotha at toughguy.net
Mon Dec 27 08:49:57 EST 2004

The Dream 6800 was mentioned in that article I posted.. what do you remember
of the system, Bob?

I'm -deeply- considering putting together a CHIP8 emulator for the CoCo2,
using the semigraphics 64x32 mode for the mono graphics..

unfortunately, any instruction timings from the original specifications of
the CHIP8 system have been lost, so it's impossible to know the relative
execution times of the opcodes

wondering on what would be the best way to do the actual 'rom' loadings..
perhaps a basic program that selects and LOADM's the game rom, LOADM's the
emulator itself, then boots into the emulator?

Just thinking out-loud at this stage.. anyone interested in hearing more on
the project as I go along, or should I just shhh until I've got something to
release?

Anyone else have memories of the CHIP8 system?

Regards,
David