[Coco] [Color Computer] Complete Commodore 64 home computer on a single chip

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Dec 22 15:15:59 EST 2004

Boisy

I am still debating as to how much of the video section to improve
or  just start with the basic CoCo VDU and then go back and do
more.

I have been investigating also if the circuit will also fit into a large
CPLD instead of a FPG A. Reasons behind that is that Altera and
Xilinx FPGA need a configuration rom to load in the FPGA settings
each time power is removed. The configuration roms are around
$20 each. WHew that much for serial 2 meg flash.

Actel makes FPGAs that are nonvolitile, but I am not familiar with
their tools. A switch now would require another learning curve
period.

Oh the quandries of design.

james