[Coco] First game that had a save command?

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 19:07:13 EST 2004

Hello all,

At lunch the other day we were talking about old computer games, and someone
asked how you could save a game of Donkey Kong - which you couldn't.  That
launched a new discussion of what the oldest game anyone could remember that
allowed saving.

Since many of the original games I remember were based on arcade games,
there was never an option for it.

So, can anyone think of the first Coco game which allowed a save?  The first
(computer) game in general which allowed it?

Did the original adventure allow saving?  I can't remember at all.

Thanks,
John