[Coco] CCASM for Linux

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Sun Dec 12 22:59:37 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 22:51 -0500, James Dessart wrote:
> On 12-Dec-04, at 10:24 PM, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Maybe GCC can cross-compile to another target CPU?  But I betcha the
> > resulting binary will not run bug-free the first time it's sent (via
> > email) to  the
> > use with the PPC or whatever.
>
> It definitely can do that, so it's not unreasonable to work like that.
> Endian-ness issues are going to be the biggest bugbear if you're
> compiling for Linux. The driver models are identical.
>
> There's always the possibility of remote debugging, as well. I'm not
> sure how it would work, but I believe gdb supports debugging over a
> TCP/IP stream.
>
> James

I've seen people build in to their programs the capabilities to deal
with both big and little endian issues. Maybe a separate function
dealing with the issue based on input. But, for some reason unknown to
me, they never did use the built in code and kept the thing x86 only.
I'm still waiting for this to get fully portable... If I was familiar
enough with the code, I'd attack it myself when I had a free moment. :(

-M.