[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Xpad an coco 1 16K

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at asme.org
Sat Dec 11 16:47:47 EST 2004

Hello;

I saw on the instructions that came with the memory upgrade (quite
some years ago) and there were some changes required to update
memory. There might be some resistor associated to Extended Basic
that is giving you problems.
The big problem is that Radio Shack made different boards and all
have different instructions on how to upgrade them, so you cannot
compare two different boards.

Hmm.. the X-Pad... it's not really worth it, IMHO. I felt mine was
too slow so I wrote OS-9 Pascal code to attempt to give it some use:
I had to learn variant records to do the equivalent of Basic's peek
and poke. At the end, even compiled code was not fast enough to drive
it well. The Coco is a great machine to learn assembly though ;-).

Hope you find some upgrade instructions somewhere :(.

    Pedro.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Pierre Fortin
<pierrefortin at a...> wrote:
> It is what I made, I have one 16K with Extended Basic but my X-pad
does
> not work more, anything displays in the screen when I move the
pencil
> and I followed well the instructions of the textbook(manual
worker):o(((

> Thank you
>

> Gene Heskett a écrit :
>
> > On Friday 10 December 2004 06:12, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >Because my Multi-Pak is defective I cannot test my Xpad because
it
> > > is necessary or Multi-Pak which works or a Coco 1 16K with BASIC
> > > extented.
> > >
> > >I realized this morning that I had a coco 1 4K with BASIC
Extended
> > > and a coco 1 16K with BASIC. What is that I can change an
> > > electronic piece(BASIC) to have a coco 1 16K with BASIC
Extended.
> > > If possible then which is the piece to be changed.
> > >
> > >Thank you
> > >
> > You probably can remove the second 'extended basic' chip from the
> > 4k, and install it in the 16k model.  Hopefully, they are
socketed,
> > otherwise you'll need someone familiar with electronics soldering.
> >
> > >Bonjour,
> > >
> > >Puisque mon Multi-Pak est défectueux je ne peut tester mon Xpad
> > >puisqu'il faut soit un Multi-Pak qui fonctionne ou un Coco 1 16K
> > > avec Basic étendue.
> > >
> > >J'ai réalisé ce matin que j'avais un coco 1 4K avec Basic
Extended
> > > et un coco 1 16K avec Basic. Est ce que je peut changer une
pièce
> > > électronique(basic) pour avoir un coco 1 16K avec Basic
Extended.
> > > Si possible alors quelle est la pièce à changer.
> > >
> > >Merci
> > >

> > >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > > --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads.
Yahoo!