[Coco] Re: Emulator problems

David J Bush twixt at cstone.net
Tue Aug 31 21:58:06 EDT 2004

> > My drive is a CD-ROM drive. Am I supposed to have a CD-R drive
> > to read this disc correctly?
>
> Some old CDROM drives won't read CD-R's properly.

Well, how old is "old" ? That's probably the main problem, and I have
been intending to upgrade to DVD with CD-RW, CD-R, audio CD and CD-ROM
compatibility anyway. In 1999 my system was new. No, I never tried a
CD-R in it before.

One of the purposes of this mail list is to get feedback from users.
Certainly I am inexperienced in many aspects of hardware and software.
But I don't think that disqualifies me from presenting negative feedback.
Other users might be facing a similar problem trying to use this
emulator. Maybe they were trying to read it with a CD-ROM drive also.
If no one talks about the problem, how will it get solved?

I very much appreciate all the hard work from David Keil and others to
make this emulator available. But I will continue to look this gift
horse in the mouth and report any problems I find until it works to my
satisfaction. And I believe that's what Mr. Keil wants me to do!

I still would like to know his email BTW...

David