[Coco] speaking of audio storage

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 31 18:15:06 EDT 2004

I've got a copy of the CLOAD patent (you can get it from the web --
www.uspto.gov ; do an advanced search and search for "chatham" as an
inventor and "data synchronization apparatus" as a title).  The sourcecode
has routines like "read a byte", "read a bit", etc.
   I thought I'd be cute and burn a CD with a large BASIC program "Kings
and Catapults".  I could CLOAD it by hooking up the coco to my CD player.
I know that's probably not real compression, but it was kind of fun, and I
haven't burned a CD in a while..  The Coco's CLOAD is actually pretty
robust.  I'll bet it would work..
                   - Aaron