[Coco] furriners, more regional dialect

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Tue Aug 31 17:27:15 EDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:17:29 EDT
  KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/31/04 12:09:31 AM Eastern Daylight
>Time, RJRTTY at aol.com
>writes:
>
>> > So I guess you can say that the Ort Cloud on the
>>outskirts
>>  >  of our solar system is made up of scraps ;)
>>  Hey!  somebody else here besides me reads Sky and
>>Telescope magazine!!!
>
>Me too.  Yes, it occurred to me that the Oort Cloud is
>indeed leftover scraps
>from our solar system's creation.  Unforch, at random
>intervals it throws
>random pieces of ice and other scraps toward the Sun,
>leaving the Earth to play
>Cosmic Dodgeball.
>--Mike K.

But fortunately our big buddy Jupiter does a good job
blocking for us.  At least that is the current threory and
one reason why most scientists who look for exo-solar feel
that we have a unique system and the reason why life is on
Earth, is because Jupiter keeps most of the scraps away
form us.

-Jim