[Coco] Very OT. Looking for copy of Opus, 08-22-04

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Aug 30 02:12:26 EDT 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/29/04 2:10:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jimcox at miba51.com writes:
>
> > Does anyone out there just happen to have a copy of last
> >  Sunday's (08-22-04) comics featuring Opus the Penguin?
>
> Is that the one where he goes into the restaurant and is so grossed out by
> the Gen-Y waitress' body piercings that he can't even get off a coherent meal
> order?  Almost too true to be funny, but that is a terrific strip  --Mike K.

I've gotta disagree with your assessment.  Bloom County was a terrific
strip.  I keep waiting for Opus to develop to the point where I like it as
much as I did Bloom County, but so far I've been pretty disappointed with
it.  Where is the Berke Breathed of old?  I don't understand why he didn't
just bring back Bloom County instead of just taking one appealing
character from that strip and surrounding him with, well, nobody much.

Art

P.S.  In rereading your comment, I see that it could be taken as merely
applying to last Sunday's strip, rather than the general quality of Opus.
Which did you mean?