[Coco] furriners

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Sat Aug 28 23:41:55 EDT 2004

> For us ignorant Americans, just what is a "Pom?"

An englishman.

> Is it true that there is a little tension between Austrailians  and New
Zealanders?

Yes, there is some. Usually fairly low-key though. We aussies don't get on
very well with *anybody* who appears to come over here and takes our jobs.

> He basically called the tech a Mexican with a few explitives left out
here.

To an Aussie, anyone who lives in a southern state is a Mexican. Hence to
me, who is a queenslander, anyone from New South Wales or Victoria is a
Mexican. Of course, New Zealand is way further south :-) Mostly we call New
Zealanders KIWI, after the now extinct flightless bird.

--
Regards, Bob Devries. Dalby, Queensland, Australia.
Faith isn't faith until it's all you're holding on to.