[Coco] OT: PDF files

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Sat Aug 28 03:24:38 EDT 2004

>> Speaking of PDF files, does anyone know if there is anything available to
>> print out a PDF file that has the Print option disabled?

As I recall, that is a password protected option you can set on Acrobat.
Its kinda silly if you ask me, but there you are. While working on the
CoCo archive I've run across at least one PDF file (6809 Programmer's
manual) which I can't bookmark, etc.. because its locked to
changes...sigh. According to what I've heard, the password protection on
PDFs is kinda week and I know there used to be hacks around to
bypass/remove password protection. The idea expressed previously(screen
captures) is probably the only way to get a print out. I just can't image
why anyone would lock a PDF to printing...changes I can understand, but
printing!?