[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 10, Issue 122

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Fri Aug 27 22:38:16 EDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:27:25 +0000
farna at att.net wrote:

> There is a low cost PDF file maker called PDF995. Go to www.pdf995 .com and
> download it! It installs as a printer driver. You select PDF995 as your
> printer then "print" the file from any PC application. A PDF file is created
> instead of outputting to the printer. It works great! A web browser with a
> sponsor ad pops up every time the driver is activated unless you register it.
> The registration fee is only $9.95 (hence the name) or you can get the driver
> plus a couple PDF related utilities for $19.95. No, I don't get anything from
> this endorsement or know anyone at PDF995, it's just a great product at a
> great price! I use it to create PDFs of my AMC magazine, which has lots of B&W
> photos, and I create color picture albums from things here in Korea to send
> back home. Both are done in PageMaker 6 and the PDFs are flawless!

You can also go looking through sourceforge.net, freshmeat.net, or gnu.org and
see if there are FREE tools to do that. I know that I have some installed on my
Debian/GNU PPC machine here that do a wonderful job. (By the way, when I say
free, I mean free as in free source code, and binaries. :) )

-M.