[Coco] Re: Strange CoCo 2B model

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Aug 27 06:53:46 EDT 2004

Hi,
my curiosity was stronger than my collector's proud this morning, so I
deprived the French CoCo of its virginity and opened the case... ;-)

I've taken some pictures:

http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/torsten.dittel/CoCo/pcb_compl1.jpg
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/torsten.dittel/CoCo/pcb_compl2.jpg
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/torsten.dittel/CoCo/pcb_detail1.jpg
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/torsten.dittel/CoCo/pcb_detail2.jpg

The PCB ("20261059 Peritel Version") of the 265-3127B is quite similar
to the PCBs  ("20261059 PAL Version") of other 26-3127B models from
Germany and Australia I own.

Just the left side is completely different, especially the lower left
corner (see pcb_detail2.jpg); e.g. the 1372 is missing.

Looks like I can only get a B&W picture with the Composite Video line
because it's SECAM and not PAL coded (or they added this for monochrome
monitors where the color information would disturb).

Looks like there's only one Sync signal which might be a H+V signal,
that means it's a RGBS video out.

Doe anyone know how to generate a sperated H and V from that signal?

Torsten