[Coco] I finally got Nitros 3.2.4 to work!

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Wed Aug 25 22:55:27 EDT 2004

At 8/25/2004 08:07 PM -0600, you wrote:

Fred,

I put your system together for you remember?????? :)

I do them all the same. The scripts are there. You are not looking in the
correct spot or you over wrote them at some point. It is the ONLY way to
get HDB-DOS on your hard drive and to boot. There are three scripts,
make_floppy_d0, make_hard_dd and make_hdb_dd scripts. They have changed in
their names now but are functionally the same. There is only ONE script on
the NitrOS-9 distribution call mb, that makes just a floppy boot as you
indicated. I STRONGLY recommend that you understand the process before you
modify your scripts. Better yet, copy the scripts and/or bootlist filenames
to an alternate name and reference those in the scripts. Source control is
a GOOD thing. I personally would get your hardware issue(s) repaired first,
while learning from the scripts. They are very simple. Look at the
bootlists as well, that is where the modules are referenced and included in
the OS9boot.....

I have installed NitrOS-9 on well over 70 systems here at Lab North, works
every time......
I can do it in ~30 minutes start to finish. That is the copy and everything
of the NitrOS-9 distribution. SuperDriver package aids in that
tremendously, no more modifying descriptors. The OS figures out what it is
talking to and how big it is. :)

I want to have another seminar at Chicago next year on this subject. Once
you understand you'll go, what was the problem? :)

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9