[Coco] Ethernet status (uIP/Contiki)

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 11:44:15 EDT 2004

--- James Dessart <james at skwirl.ca> wrote:

> I'll have to breadboard the device, after buying the necessary standard
> TTLs. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of CoCo card prototyping
> tools. Someone on the list had said they'd prepare me a board for that,
> and I can't, for the life of me, remember who that was.

That'd be me James... I've got a few little projects that keep getting pushed
around, had actually forgot about this one. I'll start on that adapter tonight,
I have most everything readily accessible.

If anyone else is wanting to do some CoCo prototyping, I plan to keep this
simple... just a board that plugs into the CoCo cartridge port and brings the
connector out to a 40 pin dual row header. Then you can plug a standard IDE
cable into my board and do whatever you want with the other end.

If there is enough interest, I could set up to do limited production runs
rather than a tedious one-off. If I could sell about 6 of these at $5 each, I
could set up to offer other CoCo kits, like the Turbo LED circuit, Repack
adapters (brings the CoCo's rear connectors to the front of a PC case, unsing a
drive bay), etc... simple little projects that give some satisfaction and/or
add usefulness. Anyone interested in such a line of CoCo products?

Bob Emery