[Coco] Re: Re: again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 22:49:21 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/24/04 1:37:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jdaggett at gate.net writes:

> What I was referring to was to display 640x200 on a 640x480
>  screen you get about 100 to 120 lines above and below the 200
>  display lines. That too would be letterbox version.

OK, I see -- you mean if you take the Coco's 200 lines as they are, without
doubling them up to 400 lines.  I'm afraid that if you do that, the view will
be not only "letterboxed" but also squashed, since the Coco's native pixels are
twice as tall as they are wide, while the VGA screen's pixels are square.

I think the line doubling, however you do it, is necessary for proper
proportions of objects on the screen.  --Mike K.