[Coco] Re: Re: again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 19:46:55 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/23/04 2:58:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, james at skwirl.ca
writes:

> Unless the converter scales it up, right? For instance, doubling the width
>  and height of each pixel to fit a larger screen.

It's hard for a converter to scale up a line to a fraction of a line, such as
1.5 lines (without some significant gray-level anti-aliasing).

Let's see, the VGA has 480 lines.  Straight Coco3 has 384, or 80%, so you
have 10% of the total screen height blank at top and bottom.  Not too bad.

RSBASIC and maybe even OS-9 can be poked up to 200 high, or 400 out of 480.
Some BASIC hackers claim to have hit 225, or 450 out of 480.

Tell your friends you have the director's cut "letterboxed" edition :-)
Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.  --Mike K.