[Coco] 512K vs disk copy

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 10:30:49 EDT 2004

--- Sylvain Rousseau <sroussea at comlab.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just got a Coco3 with 512K with only one disk drive and I what to know if
> you know how to
> copy disk without to have to swap 12 times the source and destination disk.

Add a second drive.
not trying to be a smart alec, that's the best way.
IF you're using OS-9, you can allocate more memory to the
backup command. I don't know the exact syntax offhand..
something like #56k at the end of the backup command line.

It's also really easy to add a 3.5" PC drive as drive 1.
There are $2 convertors to plug into the cable card-
edge connector, which then plugs into the 3.5 drive.
Rig up a power connector and your set.

Then, in Basic there's one POKE to allow you to use
the other side of it as drive 2 (or 3). This may not
work with some older RS floppy cables where they
pulled pins to do designate the drives.

What kind of controller do you have and do you know
if the current drive is single or double sided?
Disk Basic 1.0 or 1.1?

Bob