[Coco] MacMESS

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Thu Aug 19 20:50:22 EDT 2004

On 19-Aug-04, at 7:52 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> Honestly, the biggest problem I have is trying to remember how to get
> the menu to come up -- I usually get stuck in MESS and have to force
> quit the process.  I should just write down the keyboard shortcuts and
> go from there.

Yeah, that is a bit of a problem. Older versions would give you the
menu bar after pressing cmd-return then escape. Not very Mac-like. :)
but then again, it's a massively multi-platform app, and those tend to
focus on the functionality rather than the interface. And the emulation
is good.

> In a bit, I'll have my real CoCo going and get the hard drive copies
> over to CompactFlash, and then I'll move that as an image to my laptop
> and use it for a virtual hard drive.  Then, I'll probably write some
> sync software to sync the two HD images together ;-) so I can migrate
> back and forth.

Luckily I've got space for both machines. But I still will be looking
at some kind of hard drive system in the future.

James