[Coco] again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 18:45:16 EDT 2004

>>     I am going to take a chance and purchase  the XRGB-2 Plus
>> upscan converter.  I will report on my results when I try it
>>with the coco3.

>Can't wait!  If it works, I'll be right behind you!

     It's going to take a few days.  I had to "manually" confirm the
purchase by sending a copy of my credit card (front and back!) and
my signiture.  I am not registered with pay-pal yet.   Even
if it works completely, It's going to be pricey so there will
probably still be a need for Mark to design one for the coco.

      Also, the presence of broadband noise can be a  good thing.  It
makes our ntsc television pictures look better than they should.
When you see a diagonl line on a monitor with high definition, you
will see a "staircase", but add a little broadband noise and you
get a softer and smoother line.   However, as someone has said,
the 80 column text screen is "washed out".  Perhaps we can design
an interface where we can have a controllable amount of broadband
noise.

Roy R Justus