[Coco] Re: again: CoCo RGB to VGA conversion

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Aug 18 14:14:59 EDT 2004

Torsten

I got to thinking and I maybe wrong but to resample an analog
signal with 8 bit ADC that is generated from a 2 bit DAC maynot be
a real good looking regenerated signal. The DACs on the GIME chip
are at best 2 bit for Red, Green and Blue to give 6 bit total color and
trying to redigitize that generated signal with DACs capable of 24 bit
color may not yield what one expects.

Besides not many new monitors, CRT  or LCD, support 15Khz sync.

james