[Coco] Script errors (was: coco chat)

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 11:37:25 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/18/04 12:22:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimcox at miba51.com writes:

> Do you have any suggestions as to how us newbie
>  webspinners can test our sites?

Well, there is a sort of official HTML standards web site where you can
submit your *.HTM files, and it will check them for syntax and maybe old
"deprecated" (love that word) usages.  I don't have the URL handy right now, unforch.

However, I doubt this site can actually run your Java or whatever scripts, or
do a smart compiler check on them, that might (might!) reveal errors in
execution.

Best thing is to surf your own site with as many makes and releases of
browsers as possible, enlisting friends to try theirs.  ISTR that each major brand
of browser accepts extensions to HTML that others don't, thus the need to try
various browsers.
--Mike K.