[Coco] coco chat

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Aug 17 17:14:37 EDT 2004

At 02:43 PM 8/17/2004, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/16/04 11:22:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>rtaylor at bayou.com writes:
>
> > Funny thing about Java, btw.  It comes with Windows XP but it doesn't run
> >  everything.  I had to install the Sun Java environment in order to run
>some
> >  of my faves.
>
>I believe that MS found such a big security hole in the Java script
>interpreter, that they are advising their business customers to disable
>Java scripts in
>IE!
>
>I have it enabled in my good old Win98SE, and so far nothing has happened
>(knock, knock).  Anyway, a chat room or other Web page that does NOT
>require Java
>is a great idea.  --Mike K.

Actually, Java and Javascript are two totally different beasts.  But I see
you did say, "Java script" which could be taken as a script program written
in Java, which is still not the same as Javascript that's embedded in web
pages.  I have a Javascript book that mentions something about why and how
these two similar-named systems, that have NOTHING to do with each other,
managed to emerge about the same time with almost the same name, etc.