[Coco] GIME questions

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 16 13:22:31 EDT 2004

David Gacke wrote:

>>Actually that is not the case. The code from Begmove ($C03F) through
>>Endmove ($C36C) is copied.
>

> Right, this is what I "should" see, but I'm guessing I've got the GIME
> misconfigured somehow.
>
> I know I'm seeing the ROM at $4000 as well because when I try and write
> over it, it doesn't care. The values don't change.
>

> I'm just not quite sure how to configure the GIME to do this
> intentionally.  What I was hoping for was an answer of:
>

> Here, jam this X value into FF90, and these X values into FFAx, then jam
> this other value into FF90 and you'll see the scenario you're talking
> about....
>

> Since we're on the GIME, can you modify the FFAx registers while the MMU
> is enabled?
>
> Anyway, thanks very much for the advice. It's good to have a list where
> someone will tell me how I'm wrong when I actually need it!  :)
>

> Dave

I'm not sure if you can move the ROM's to the $4000 location in memory.
If it is possible, you would need to set either $FFA2 or $FFAA to $3E to
make $C000-$DFFF echo there. Problem is there is no switch to convert
$0-$7FFF to ROM.

If you really are seeing ROM's at $0-$7FFF, you are not emulating the
GIME correctly. There is also no method in the specs for making a SAM
MC6883 put ROM in the lower half of memory.