[Coco] Supercomm woes continue...

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Sun Aug 15 10:12:35 EDT 2004

On 15-Aug-04, at 12:17 AM, Neil Morrison wrote:

> See if any local library has "The RS232 Solution" which is still
> perhaps the
> best reference.
>
> http://www.techmind.org/rs232/ may be of some help also.

Thanks, I took a quick look at it. I think, at this point, that in
order to know if things are going as they should be, I need some sort
of device to plug in between the cable and the RS-232 pak, to see which
signals are high/low.

Because I wrote up my little app to drive DSR high (there's only one
outgoing handshaking line on Mac serial ports, and it's labelled as
CTS, and it should be high, according to the reports from the system
calls on the Mac end), and I still only got the first by from the CoCo
end... once I get my copy of DriveWire, I'll be able to send other
drivers over to the CoCo, and be able to really see what's going on.

James