[Coco] BASIC irony

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Aug 13 11:37:48 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 06:41, John W. Linville wrote:
> John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
>
> > The hard part is coming up with the state machine. Once you have that,
>
> lex and/or yacc are highly recommended...

Which brings up the question, does anyone have a lex input file for
Microsoft BASIC?

There isn't much structure in BASIC that you can check, so I don't know
if a BNF for yacc would buy much. But definitely lex input file to build
the state machine would make the job easier.

I don't know... I used the thing once in college. I can make nicer, more
maintainable state machines by hand, but lex certainly would get the job
done faster. Guess I can sit down and figure it out again...

-- John.