[Coco] BASIC irony

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 12 20:11:24 EDT 2004

John R. Hogerhuis <jhoger at pobox.com> wrote:

> Have you started on the tokenizer?

Yeah, and it isn't pretty nor is it working yet! :)

> I haven't written that portion yet. I
> guess an inefficient algorithm is simple, for each character, loop
> through the token table and compare characters; if get a match then put
> the token instead of just text. Otherwise just put the character as-is.
>
> The exceptions are of course for :else and ' and ignore-to-EOLN handing
> for REM.

Heh, I forgot about the REM ignore to end of line. But I did remember
the ignore within quotes and the ignore after DATA until a colon.

> Other strangeness in LIST comes with hidden high-numbered lines.

What are you talking about?

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                        Bright