[Coco] NitrOS-9 newbie needs some help (More data)

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Thu Aug 12 08:33:07 EDT 2004

On Aug 11, 2004, at 3:56 PM, Nickolas Marentes wrote:
> I'll give it a try but I must explain that I have been using both
> unformatted (magnetically erased disks with an electric erasor) AND
> reformatting formatted disks (formatted under 6809 NitrOS-9) and the
> results
> are consistent...
>
> Almost 100% failure under 6309 NitOS-9 using either unformatted or
> pre-formatted disks but 100% success using the 6809 NitrOS-9.

Nick,

I think we've exhausted all possible avenues of exploration here.  My
conclusion is that it is a timing issue in the SS.WTrk code of rb1773
that seems to appear on your 6309-ized CoCo 3, and is somewhat dampened
by the presence of a Multi-Pak.

We could do a lot of back and forth in trying to solve this, but for
now I think I will make some notes about this, and try to address this
for the next release of NitrOS-9.

The current workaround for you seems to be working in NitrOS-9/6809
Level 2 to do your formatting.  It's not the optimal solution, but it
works.

Aside from the formatting issue, I believe you have enough at your
disposal to start making use of NitrOS-9 and applying some of your
programming talent to give it some graphical pizzaz...

As always, if you have questions about things, let us know.

Boisy