[Coco] Basic-09

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 22:46:27 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/11/04 12:16:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
theother_bob at yahoo.com writes:

> > Are you sure you are not complaining about the RSDOS DRAW command? :)
>  >
>  LOL, Oh puh-lease! DRAW/HDRAW is fast, totally human readable (without a
>  reference book handy) and not a bad way to "compress" graphics. Nothing
>  difficult at all about remembering that R moves right, D moves down,
etc...

I do remember, when I first ported some graphics programs from RSBASIC to
BASIC09, that I really missed that DRAW command.  I had all kinds of musical
symbols enocded ("compressed" is a good way to put it!) as drawstrings.

I wrote my own Drawstring interpreter -- in BASIC09.  It worked, but oh my
gawd was it slow!

The thing to do would be to write it in C or assembler and call it as a
Subroutine Module, or crack the existing graphics module and add DRAW to it.
--Mike K.