[Coco] Re: chatrooms

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 06:41:25 EDT 2004

Hello Roger

> Actually, the room didn't crash, but your instance of the chat script
> misbehaved for some reason and you experienced problems.  The room
> stayed  active after you left.  I think the session management needs
> some tuning  up.  Several people were booted out of the room and back
> to the  entrance.  This only happens if the system can't find you
> inside of a room  whenever you run the script again (by entering a
> message, etc.).  After 2  hours, it finally happened to me.  Maybe the
> next chat will go much better  now that I know what errors are
> happening.  All-in-all, I was very pleased  to see some 6 people at a
> time chatting away tonight.  The chat script has  come a long way in
> the past month and I'm still determined to get it  working nicely.
>  Thanks again to everyone who participated in this chat.

I just want to express my appreciation of yours and others efforts on behalf
of the CoCo community. I saw a couple blurbs from you expressing a certian
amount of frustration at the apparent lack of interest in your efforts.
When I finally get ahead of my students I'll have a little more time to
fully explore your chat room. Right now I'm scrambling to stay one step
ahead of them 8-). I was tapped to teach a MS Word class one week before
the class started and MS Word is not my native tougue ;-). Sooo instead of
enjoying the friendly company of CoCoNuts, I'm busily studying what I have
to teach the next day. <sigh>

Regards
--
Criusing on AutoPilot                       |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo