[Coco] Basic-09

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Wed Aug 11 14:38:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

	From what I remember Basic09 was very cool. Dump ROM
Basic now. If any graphics commands are missing you can write
them in C or assembler and easily interface them to Basic09.
MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than interfacing ROM Basic to assembly!
Only thing to watch out for is that nasty 8k page size!

	The only draw back I can come up with is (someone cor-
rect me if I'm wrong) the first argument to the functions is a
string indicating the function to perform. Unless they do some
clever hashing this can't help performance. The existence of
integer variables probably more than makes up for this potential
problem.

	One of the things I'd like to try is to port coco maze to Basic09 and
compare the speed to the assembly version.

					kevin