[Coco] NitrOS-9 newbie needs some help (More data)

Paul T. Barton idezilla at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 11:53:13 EDT 2004

Boisy,

I had format errors while having
krnp3 & krnp4 loaded. Unloading krnp4
and keeping krnp3 solved my
formatting problems.

It would start format, run about halfway
through a disk then just stop. Frozen.
Never got to the counting phase.
Required a reboot.

System: 6309, n09-l2-6309-v323, 2mb ram.
---

Oh, by the way, Thanks for the new FORMAT.
Now I can format 1GB drives and use the
whole thing!.

Thanks Again,

Paul

--- Nickolas Marentes <nick at launch.net.au> wrote:

> Latest test includes running the 6809 version
> of NitrOS-9 and testing the
> formatting.
>
> Without changing the 6309 back to a 6809, I
> booted the CoCo3 with the 6809
> version of NitrOS-9 and began formating a disk
> in /D1 as 40 track double
> sided and it worked flawlessly. No changes to
> the CoCo3, just using the 6809
> version of NitrOS-9. I repeated the test
> several times, all successful.
>
> I then booted the 6309 version of NitrOS-9 and
> proceeded to format a disk in
> /D1 and it failed on every attempt.
>
> By failed, I mean that the CoCo3 simply
> freezes and remains locked up until
> I do a Cold Reset to return to Extended Color
> Basic.
--snipped--