MMU changes wasRe: [Coco] Re: Coco Repack

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Aug 11 03:38:52 EDT 2004

>From: jdaggett at gate.net
>Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:37:18 -0400

>I  have no plans to change from the 8K pages. And yes I have t
>hought of ways to increase beyond two tasks. Four  would be nice.
>Four would also require another 16 bytes or a means of multiplexing
>the existing 16 bytes.

Well, yeah.  I do realize that.  How much room do you have on your PIC
chip?  It's been a while since I've examined the CoCo 3 Tech Ref, but
I'd expect the problem with adding contexts is that the GIME might not
have the extra bits in its I/O ports to talk about additional contexts.

Admittedly, you probably want to get your PIC GIME replacement running
as a stock GIME first, then see how much room you have left for extra
goodies.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA