[Coco] Basic-09

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 10 23:15:48 EDT 2004

Robert Emery wrote:

> --- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>There is little in the ROMs that is not done better in OS-9.
>

> Does that include hi-res graphics?

Yes but any effort at graphics is highly dependent on the programmer.
Basic-09 has many high res graphics commands.

>>Basic-09 is much better than Disk Basic.
>

> I have my original disks of OS-9 and B-09. Are there any updates/patches for
> B-09 that I should get before getting into it?

If you use stock OS-9 Level2 or NitrOS-9 6809L2, your copy of Basic-09
should be OK. I think a patch is needed for NitrOS-9 6309L2. Contact me
privately if you have problems. There is a runB in the 6309L2
distribution but no Basic09.