[Coco] 6809 NitrOS-9 Problems

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Tue Aug 10 21:07:14 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
Robert Emery <theother_bob at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks for trying. :) My BIOS won't allow me to set it as a 3.5"
> > 720K floppy,
> > > when I reboot saying that there are errors with the floppy
> > > drives. :(
>
> On my Compaq, it gave me an error every bootup as well, but it still booted
> and worked. Perhaps you should get a 3.5" drive for your CoCo. Any modern
> drive will work, just use 720K disks. If you need a 34 pin edge to pin
> adapter, I can get those cheap.
>
> Bob

Oh yeah? I've always wanted to do that, but I could never find out how to do
such a thing. I'd be interested in doing that, I would just need good
instructions on how to do it. Does it use the same disk controller as the 5.25"
floppies? (aka the FD-502's disk controller?)

Just let me know.
-M.