[Coco] 6809 NitrOS-9 Problems

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Tue Aug 10 20:39:58 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:08:18 -0400
"Dave Poitras" <dave at cococentral.org> wrote:

> > Thanks for trying. :) My BIOS won't allow me to set it as a 3.5"
> 720K floppy,
> > when I reboot saying that there are errors with the floppy
> > drives. :(
> >
> > Anyone have anything else I can try?
> >
> > -M.
> >
>  What is your computer & what OS?  I know XP will not support a 720K
> format.  I know 98 will.  Not sure 2k PRO, but I check at work
> tomorrow .
>
> Are you saying you can chnage the BIOS to 720 & then you can no boot,
> or the BIOS wil not take it?

Hi Dave.

The machine I'm trying to do this on is using Windows 98SE. I can set my BIOS
that drive B: is a 720k 3.5" floppy drive, but when I try to boot, I get told,
after it detects what IDE devices I have, that there is a floppy drive error.
This is before Windows even gets a chance to boot, so I'm thinking that the
BIOS, or something is the one erroring out. Not Windows. (*SIGH* Give me the
days when everything WASN'T plug-and-pray.)

-M.