[Coco] NitrOS-9 newbie needs some help (Progress!)

Nickolas Marentes nick at launch.net.au
Tue Aug 10 17:53:15 EDT 2004

> Boisy wrote.....

Ok.  This tells me that there is most likely an issue with the SS.WTrk
routine in the rb1773 driver.  It *could* possibly be the format
utility.  However, just to be sure Nick, try the following:

(1) Boot into NitrOS-9.
(2) Insert the stock OS-9 Level Two System Master disk in /d1
(3) At the shell prompt, type: load /d1/cmds/format
(4) Now put a blank disk in /d1 and attempt to format.  This is using
the stock format utility.  If there are still problems, then its'
definitely in the driver somewhere.

> Nick Replies....

Still crashes.

> Boisy writes...

Here's something additional to try:

(1) Boot into NitrOS-9
(2) Insert a blank disk in /d1
(3) Type: format /d1 1 '35' :4:

This will give an interleave of 4.  The default is 3.  I doubt the
interleave is the problem, but it's worth a try to see the result.

> Nick replies...

Still crashes.