[Coco] CoCo chat

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Tue Aug 10 03:37:19 EDT 2004

I finally found a problem that was being caused by a duplicate form field
name in the HTML part of the chat system.  I purposely used the same name
for two fields so that the user could press ENTER or click Send and have
the message be submitted either way, but now I see that this is not
necessary.  Both fields always exist no matter how you submit your
message.  So... I renamed one of the fields, and instantly some major
problems went away -- problems that I have pulled my hair out trying to
find for over a week.  But I'll still have to wait and see if these errors
are occuring for other people.  I also put in the no-cache line in the HTML
in hopes that the site will always give you the freshest code as I am
developing this stuff.