[Coco] NitrOS-9 newbie needs some help

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Aug 9 15:26:58 EDT 2004

James,

That certainly sounds like a reasonable explanation.  Of course,
Cloud-9's Pro-Tector+ is probably a good deterrent to this problem
since it buffers these lines going out to the bus.

In Nick's case, I believe he's using a disk controller plugged directly
into the side of the CoCo, not with a Multi-Pak, so this probably isn't
the problem. However it may explain the problems often seen when adding
cards to a Multi-Pak.

Since we're on the topic of flaky CoCos, here's a question I have: is
it possible that, over time, electrolytic capacitors in CoCos will dry
up and loose their ability to hold charge effectively?  I know this can
be an issue with older monitors.  What about gradual failure of other
components (resistors?).

Just curious.

Boisy