[Coco] MC-10 Questions...

Theodore Evans (Alex) alxevans at concentric.net
Sun Aug 8 21:28:54 EDT 2004

On Aug 7, 2004, at 9:08 PM, Robert Emery wrote:

> --- farna at att.net wrote:
>
>> You know, as I was thinking about that digital dash again,
> Sounds like someone's been bitten by the bug again... :-)
>
>> The numbers displayed will have
>> to be on a graphics screen to be big enough to easily see. I'd
>> probably use a
>> mechanical hour meter under the hood and forget mileage, unless I can
>> find a
>> stand alone odometer instead of an hour meter.
>
> There may be legal implications involved with replacing the odometer.
> I was working on a digital dash (all LED's) for my 74 Super Beetle and
> planned
> to just relocate the speedo/odometer up into the trunk. Unforch, the
> car got
> totalled not long before I finished the project.

A new one eh?  Mine is a '69.  Anyway so long as you don't try to pass
the milage on the new odometer as actual vehicle mileage.  Every state
that I have ever bought/sold a car in (Virginia, New Mexico, Texas,
Kentucky, Hawaii, and California) all had the option of indication that
the mileage was past mechanical limits, inaccurate, or accurate.

--
Theodore (Alex) Evans | 2B v ~2B = ?