[Coco] Indexed addressing postbyte

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 8 21:24:29 EDT 2004

David Gacke wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Could someone explain to me how the postbyte for indexed addressing
> breaks down.
>
> The book I have isn't clear (to me) on how to determine what it's
> supposed to do.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Dave Gacke

There are about 26 possible postbytes so I don't intend to list all of
them. Here is are some typical examples.
             postbyte
   opcode    D,R        where R=X,Y,U or S
             1RR01011   X=00 Y=01 U=10 S=11

              ,--R
             1RR00011

             n,PCR
             1XX01101   16 bit offset XX=don't care
Note that bits 5&6 determine the register and the other bits determine
the function. There may be other bytes after the postbyte as needed for
addresses.