[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 10, Issue 24

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Sun Aug 8 12:29:19 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <farna at att.net>

> The hurdles are what's causing the lack of interest more than anything
else! The task just gets more daunting the more I think about it in a
rational way. If the circuits you have drive LED characters I might be
interested, but not interested LED bar graphs. Two digit display should be
adequate, though I think I'd go with three for the speedo anyway.

The Radio Electronics circuits were 2 or 3 digit LED displays. They had a
LOT of different modules, inc. outside air and oil temp amongst others. They
were based around the old RCA 2 chip DVM circuit which was 2 1/2 digits.

But if I was doing this I'd use a PIC chip and multiplex the displays. This
would be cheap and effective and there are plenty of app notes to follow.

Neil

---