[Coco] GIME Chip Registers and the ultimate repack

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Aug 4 22:45:39 EDT 2004

Tim

To test it will sort of, kind of cluged into the 68 pin socket area. Most
likely the FPGA will sit on a 100 pin PGA board and that will have
an adapter of some creation to the Coco3 motherboard. Eventually I
may do a complete new mother board PCB and redo the entire
package. In any event there most likely will be no backward socket
compatibility.

I really do not want to deal with an SDRAM controller, so what I am
planning on is to put the FPGA, clock chip, crystal, and 2 megs of
SRAM on a daughter card. Then remove the 512K ram expansion
board and GIME chip and go from there.  If all things go well,
maybe by Thanksgiving it may work.

james