[Coco] Re: MAS/EDT

David J Bush twixt at cstone.net
Tue Aug 3 13:43:16 EDT 2004

> My recollection is that EDT, like MAS, used only the 32-column
> screen.  Though I could be wrong about this.

EDT used its own fonts and screen display. 6 pixels into 320
gives 53 columns. It also had its own disk driver software.
You could adjust the disk access speed for your particular
diskette drive. EDT also had several features that integrated
well with MAS, such as automatic local label generation and
instant assembly of the file. It also kept the line currently
being edited in the center of the screen, which I found much
easier on the eyes than always editing on the bottom of the
screen. You could also customize EDT to return to the same
source file when you start it.

If you have it, you can fire it up and see for yourself.
Does anyone have it?