[Coco] OT: Ping: Mac users

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 12:13:10 EDT 2004

Sorry for the OT, but I'm hoping somone here can save me a few hours of
Googling for answers...

I recently acquired a Mac G4-450 with OS9.2 on it. It needed a new keyboard
before it would boot, when it booted there were about 200 icons on the
desktop... so I cleverly decided to clean it up. I didn't delete anything
(well, a couple of empty folders), just moved a bunch of stuff into a folder on
the desktop.

Now the thing won't boot at all. I tried to rebuild the desktop by holding down
Option+Apple keys at startup... it just gets to a blank gray screen and hangs
every time, regardless of keypresses or whatever.

So is there someplace I can download an ISO of a bootable utility CD that will
let me fix this? There's no floppy, but a CD-R(W?) and ZIP drive, I'm guessing
250MB. Can the Mac boot from either of these?

Thanks in advance,
Bob Emery