[Coco] max ram for a tre (coco 3)

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Fri Apr 16 15:50:10 EDT 2004

Kevin,

Stock MMU in a CoCo3 is 512k, that is a 6bit MMU. Add in two bits and that
goes to 2MB. That is the limit of Level II OS-9/ NitrOS-9.

Now that is not to say that you couldn't have a LARGE RAM disk. Paul Barton
has had 64MB or maybe more already. Paul????

You will find that 2MB is a huge amount of RAM under NitrOS-9. You will run
out of system RAM before anything else. Level III greatly improves on
that....Error #207..........

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9