[Coco] [Fwd: FW: Google secret revealed!]

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 01:43:01 EDT 2004

spam_proof at worldnet.att.net writes:

>    That article is right up there with the WOM (Write Only Memory) which
>  came out sometime in the '70s.

Say, you think WOM is a joke?  I wish :-)  There are plenty of Write-Only
registers and bits in the Coco3's GIME/DAT.  To say nothing of the Coco1/2's SAM
controls.

Actually I do remember the WOM jokes from back when.  Especially the WOM chip
with a pair 6.3 VAC pins (for the heater voltage, if you're old enough to get
that).

Also, in fairness, may GIME regis that were *said* to be W/O turned out to be
readable.  --Mike K.